Document Management Solution
ShakeSpeare® DMS Software (DMS – Document Management System) is a system used to track, manage, and store documents. Once implemented the ShakeSpeare® DMS Software solution enables keeping a record of the various versions of the documents created and modified by different users i.e. history tracking. Consequently, all the documents stored provide evidence of documents under control. Failing to comply could cause penalties, loss of business due to con-conformance or non-compliance, or irreparable damage to a business’s reputation.
Typical challenges your organization might face:
● printing already digital documents
● long-term storage of documents is costly and search through them is tedious
● universal access to “INBOX documents” is not universal
● waiting for stakeholders to be physically present to underwrite certain documents
Digital born document
Every year, more and more documents are digitally born. They are not delivered in physical format anymore, but rather via e-mails or other digital media.
Companies without a strong protocol as to which documents are generated, shared, and stored where and with whom can have large operational and business risks.
To address this issue every organization needs a central document repository, where all the data regarding documents (Documents themselves, Sharing information, Revision trails, etc.) are centrally stored and managed.
A typical installation has:
● DMS – Document Management System – for “living” documents
● EAS – Electronic Archiving System – for stored documents
● serve as both DMS and EAS
● only as DMS or only as EAS, by using external services or systems
● Be configured in such a way, that users don’t feel nor need a separate Archiving System
Document Processing – Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
Once captured in the digital mailroom, documents are processed involving the conversion of typed text on paper-based and electronic documents (scanned image of a document) into electronic information utilizing OCR. We have learned from practice that the best results are achieved using one of, or a combination of, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and Experienced Data Entry Clerks.
Document Input – Digital Mailroom
Most businesses combine paper and digital files. ShakeSpeare® DMS allows inputting files through the following sources: Scanner, Email, Manual Upload, Bulk Upload, Automated Process for mass Uploading, Mobile Applications, and Web Services. Incoming communications are classified by their appearance (Visual classification) and content (Content classification), categorized and directed to the appropriate agents in your business.
ShakeSpeare® in terms of classification:
● can support both Manual or Automatic (AI-based) classification
● supports for unlimited classification
● each classification class can have a specific set of rules/privileges/roles
● multi-tenancy and hierarchically unlimited classification plan. Large corporations and organizations have unlimited possibilities to design their business organization.
Classification can be also integrated with external services when one service serves all the systems within one organization.
 AI enriched automatic classification is done with ABBYY® FlexiCapture® technology.
Familiar and robust User Experience
It is very important, that users, familiar with Microsoft Windows file and folder experience can seamlessly integrate DMS into their everyday tasks. For them, we have a very familiar, yet powerful User Interface, not unlike Microsoft Look & Feel:
Document adding and editing
Regardless of your team is using Microsoft Office 365 in Cloud, on desktop, or some older version, ShakeSpeare® can support it!
Supporting mobile smartphones, tablets, and their cameras, every such device in your organization can be a scanner and empower your users to has immediate access to important business documents.
Every document is tracked by multiple id and classifications.
Most commonly configured are:
● UID (universal ID, required by international standards, such as MOREQ and others)
● Classification Id (company-wide, “human-friendly” ids)
● System id (for easier tracking individual’s documents across different systems)
As documents can migrate between different systems, ShakeSpeare® has the capacity also to track external documents (outside ShakeSpeare® document storage).
This service can be integrated with 3rd party system for corporate authorization and provisioning policies if corporate Identity management is present.
If the organization doesn’t have any kind of authorization management, authorization is done via a special ShakeSpeare® service, which is fully customizable and supports:
● User management
● User group management
● Role management
● Power of attorney management
● System authorization management
Versioning of entities is made on every architectural level. An extra emphasis was made on the documents, business processes, metadata, and process definition.
ShakeSpeare® knows and audits two types of Versioning Events:
● Automatic events (e.g. ShakeSpeare ® detected an authorized change of the document and automatically stores both versions of the documents, accessible to authorized users for editing, reviewing, compartments, etc.)
● Manual events (e.g. user indicates himself/herself, that one version of the document is extra important and indicated this to all of the systems’ users)
With live DMS, generating automatic documents is very easy. Documents can be automatically sent via:
● Document sharing services (like for e-Invoices)
● Available within the DMS portal for your partners
A newly prepared documented from the template can also be:
● automatically converted into PDF or PDF/a
● automatically e-signed
● automatically send via e-mail
● integrated with other automation and robot tasks
● Unlimited approval levels (boards, chiefs, directors,… there are no limitations, as to who many levels of approval an organization has)
● Parallel approvals (more individuals can approve at the same time)
● Serial approvals (somebody must approve before the other)
● Quota approvals (e.g. at least 3 out of 5 signers on the 2nd level must approve the document, to proceed to the 3rd approval level)
● Classification approvals (each part of the classification class has its own rules and roles and groups, etc.)
● Value approval (there is a different
● Custom approval (more complex rules can be implemented using custom rules/plugins)
● Audit trails/revisions/revision trails are kept in accordance with MOREQ II standard and are user-accessible.
● OWASP standard for audit trails and uses good practices of ATNA recommendations.
● GDPR aspects are covered with additional features, like (but not limited to) revoking / deletion of personal data and similar.
Each event is logged by the» four W principle«:
● When – Event date and time – the event time stamp may be different from the time of logging e.g. server logging where the client application is hosted on the remote device that is only periodically or intermittently online
● Where – Application or Service identifier (e.g. name and version)
● Who (human or machine user)
● What (Type of event, Severity of event)
Document Indexing and Search
Indexing is a path to the documents based upon your business processes. The document search engine provides search through document content, meta-data, and advanced search on all document attributes. If your documents are text documents, you might have indexed the documents for full-text search enabling you to find a phrase contained in the documents. Indexing often utilizes the date or the document type as an identifier or some other unique feature that describes the document.
ShakeSpeare® DMS Software can utilize inbuilt enterprise-level Business Process Management and workflow automation that automatically routes the documents to their destination. The software features:
● Rule-based processing on incoming documents
● Individual rules setup and document actions
● Automatic and manual workflow
● Document routing
● Business process modeling with customized windows, reports
● Multi-level approval configuration
● Automatic creation of records based on documents
● Updating of records based on documents